We Are Accepting Applications for a Landscape Maintenance / Enhancement Assistant Foreman to Work in Villanova, PA and the Main Line of Philadelphia
Three Reasons Employees Value Their Jobs at Paragon Landscaping
Discover the advantages of working for the leading landscaping company in the Philadelphia area. We offer the highest standards of landscaping to the most discerning clients in the Main Line, which means we can provide our employees with the pay, benefits, and ideal working environment they deserve.
Imagine Yourself Working on Our Professional Team
Our company culture is professional, respectful, organized, and dedicated to quality. We work diligently and efficiently to satisfy the needs of our clients in the Villanova, PA area. As part of our team, you can expect to learn new skills and advance in your landscaping career.
Available Position: Landscape Maintenance/Enhancement Assistant Foreman
As a landscape maintenance / enhancement assistant foreman, you will assist the landscape maintenance / enhancement foreman with the management of a three-person crew by following proven Paragon systems and safety practices to achieve high quality, safe, and efficient landscape maintenance / enhancement crew production. You will support and assist landscape maintenance / enhancement crew members in further training and education. You will provide client satisfaction to the highest standard.
Compensation and Benefits
This position pays $21.25-$23.00 per hour.
- Consistent full-time hours with time and a half overtime pay
- Workers Compensation insurance
- Health insurance
- Simple IRA plan with employer matching
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid training
- Company incentive bonuses
- Growth opportunities for advancement
- Clean, modern, and efficient workplace trucks and equipment
Landscape Maintenance / Enhancement Assistant Foreman Duties
This position has the following duties:
- Responsible for assisting the landscape maintenance / enhancement foreman with the management of landscape enhancement crew by learning, following, and teaching all Paragon landscape maintenance / enhancement systems and protocols during execution of landscape maintenance / enhancement jobs
- Practice and reinforce all Paragon safety practices and protocols
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Assist foreman in ensuring all landscape maintenance / enhancement jobs are executed completely, safely, and within job time allotments
- Projects include complete seasonal container and bedding plant installations, landscape enhancement planting installations, spring clean ups, edging and mulching, fertilization, insect and disease control, general garden care, pruning, and fall clean ups
- Train and begin to operate various landscape tools and equipment including but not limited to compact utility loaders, Ventrac tractors, sod cutters, rototillers, blowers, hedge trimmers, pruning equipment, lawn mowers, and line trimmers
- Assist in the processing of all daily work order paperwork tracking job time, materials, and job notes
- Communicate with clients in a polite and courteous manner
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
A landscape maintenance / enhancement assistant foreman must meet these requirements:
- At least 1-2 years' experience in the landscape industry, preferably in a landscape maintenance / enhancement environment
- Willingness to participate in continuing education and training
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver's license
- Ability to speak and communicate in English (both verbally and in writing)
- Ability to deliver quality results under tight deadlines
- Display working knowledge of equipment operation, including but not limited to compact utility loaders, Ventrac tractors, sod cutters, rototillers, blowers, hedge trimmers, pruning equipment, lawn mowers, and line trimmers
- Display accountability for work being performed and completed on schedule
- Display a commitment to safety and practicing safe work behaviors
- Display a safe driving history
The working conditions for this position require the following abilities:
- Ability to lift 100 lbs. on occasion
- Ability to transport up to 50 lbs. of plant material around the job site on a regular basis
- Requires lifting, bending, walking, carrying, and pushing equipment on a continual basis
- Requires working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Must be able to handle a loud noise level when operating certain equipment, such as a lawnmower or backpack blower
How You Can Apply for this Position
To apply, do one of the following two things:
- Fill out our online application
- Apply within Monday-Friday from 8am-5:00pm at Suite 1, 2549 Industry Lane, Norristown, PA 19403
Applicants will only be considered if they fill out our online application or apply within.
Meet the Founder and Owner of Our Successful Landscaping Company
Keith Hallman founded Paragon Landscaping Corp. in 1997, and he continues to lead the company with his commitment to high standards of quality. Keith's ability to put together a team of exceptional landscapers has built this company into a leading full-service landscape contractor in the Villanova, PA and Main Line area. He continues to grow the company by acquiring new clients, retaining current clients, and establishing our reputation for landscaping discretion and consistency.
Learn more about our company on our About page.
"Paragon was phenomenal to work with. They were very respectful of our time, their crews were clean, quick and did a beautiful job. Paragon's landscape maintenance services are the best on the Main Line."