Join Our Team in Villanova, PA and Nearby Areas by Applying for a Landscape Construction Assistant Foreman Position
Find Out Why Employees Stay Working at Paragon Landscaping Corp.
You can expect top pay, excellent benefits, and respect from your fellow employees when you join our professional landscaping company. We work hard to provide our clients with landscapes of unsurpassed quality. You can be truly proud of what you accomplish.
Enjoy Working with True Professionals
Paragon's work culture is steeped in landscaping professionalism. We do work at the highest standard in our industry, and each employee contributes with their skills and dedication. Our team is dignified and respectful. We work hard, meet our clients' needs efficiently, and help each other succeed at our jobs.
Available Position: Landscape Construction Assistant Foreman
As landscape construction assistant foreman, you assist the landscape construction foreman with the management of a three-person crew by following Paragon systems and safety practices to achieve high quality, safe, and efficient construction crew production. You support and assist construction crew members in further training and education. You provide client satisfaction to the highest standard.
Compensation and Benefits
This position pays $21.25-$23.00 per hour.
- Consistent full-time hours with time and a half overtime pay
- Workers Compensation insurance
- Health insurance
- Simple IRA plan with employer matching
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid training
- Company incentive bonuses
- Growth opportunities for advancement
- Clean, modern, and efficient workplace trucks and equipment
Construction Assistant Foreman Duties
This position has the following duties:
- Responsible for assisting the landscape construction foreman with the management of the landscape construction crew by learning, following, and teaching all Paragon landscape maintenance systems and protocols during execution of landscape construction jobs
- Practice and reinforce all Paragon safety practices and protocols
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Assist foreman in ensuring all landscape construction jobs are executed completely, safely, and within job time allotments
- Projects include complete landscape planting installations, lawn installations, large tree planting installations, excavation projects, drainage projects, hardscaping installation, spring clean ups, edging, and mulching projects
- Train and learn to interpret and implement landscape construction drawings, planting plans, and grading plans
- Train and begin to operate various landscape tools and equipment including skid steers, mini excavators, telescoping forklifts, Ventrac tractors, landscape rakes, compaction equipment, sod cutters, rototillers, blowers, hedge trimmers, and pruning equipment
- Train in the processing of all daily workorder paperwork tracking job time, materials, and job notes
- Communicate with clients in a polite and courteous manner
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
A construction foreman must meet these requirements:
- At least 1-2 years' experience in the landscape industry, preferably in a landscape maintenance environment
- Willingness to participate in continuing education and training
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver's license
- Ability to speak and communicate in English (both verbally and in writing)
- Ability to deliver quality results under tight deadlines
- Display working knowledge of equipment operation, including but not limited to compact utility loaders, skid steers, mini excavators, telescoping forklifts, Ventrac tractors, landscape rakes, compaction equipment, sod cutters, rototillers, blowers, hedge trimmers, and pruning equipment
- Display accountability for work being performed and completed on schedule
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others and delegate tasks
- Display a commitment to safety and practicing safe work behaviors
- Display a safe driving history
The working conditions for this position require the following abilities:
- Ability to lift 100 lbs on occasion
- Ability to transport up to 50 lbs. of plant material around the job site on a regular basis
- Requires lifting, bending, walking, carrying, and pushing equipment on a continual basis
- Requires working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Must be able to handle a loud noise level when operating certain equipment, such as a lawnmower or backpack blower
How You Can Apply for this Position
To apply, do one of the following two things:
- Fill out our online application
- Apply within Monday-Friday from 8am-5:00pm at Suite 1, 2549 Industry Lane, Norristown, PA 19403
Applicants will only be considered if they fill out our online application or apply within.
Meet the Owner of Paragon Landscaping Corp.
Keith Hallman is the founder and owner of Paragon Landscaping Corporation, serving the Main Line with the finest quality landscaping. His passion for excellent craftsmanship inspires every employee in the company. Thanks to Keith's skill for bringing together a successful team of skilled employees, Paragon continues to be a leading full-service landscaping company in Villanova, PA and on the Main Line of Philadelphia. Over the years, Keith has developed solid relationships with landscape architects, designers, and builders who have helped Paragon efficiently safisfy the landscaping needs of discerning clients in our service area.
"Paragon was phenomenal to work with. They were very respectful of our time, their crews were clean, quick and did a beautiful job. Paragon's landscape maintenance services are the best on the Main Line."