Work as a Landscape Construction Foreman in Our Professional Company Serving Villanova, PA and the Main Line of Philadelphia
Why Employees Love Working at Paragon Landscaping Corp.
Our professional landscaping company will treat you right. We expect all employees to meet our high standards of work, and in return you get the benefits of belonging to a caring and supportive team.
Experience What It Is Like to Work with the Best Landscapers in the Area
Our company culture is based on professionalism and dedication. Every employee is committed to providing top results on each project in the Villanova, PA area. We work hard, efficiently, and treat each other with respect. We provide training for your position, and you will have the opportunity to learn new skills that will help you grow in your career.
Available Position: Landscape Construction Foreman
As landscape construction foreman, you will supervise and lead a three-person crew, following proven Paragon systems and safety practices to achieve high-quality, safe, and efficient construction crew production. You will support and assist landscape construction crew members in further training and education. You will provide client satisfaction to the highest standard.
Compensation and Benefits
This position pays $26-$29 per hour.
- Consistent full-time hours with time and a half overtime pay
- Workers Compensation insurance
- Health insurance
- Simple IRA plan with employer matching
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid training
- Company incentive bonuses
- Growth opportunities for advancement
- Clean, modern, and efficient workplace trucks and equipment
Construction Foreman Duties
This position has the following duties:
- Responsible for direct supervision of landscape construction crew by following and teaching all Paragon landscape construction systems and protocols during execution of landscape construction projects
- Practice and reinforce all Paragon safety practices and protocols
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Ensure all landscape construction projects are executed completely, safely, and within project time allotments
- Projects include complete landscape planting installations, lawn installations, large tree planting installations, excavation projects, drainage projects, hardscaping installation spring clean ups, edging, and mulching projects
- Interpret and implement landscape construction drawings, planting plans, and grading plans
- Operate various landscape tools and equipment including skid steers, mini excavators, telescoping forklifts, Ventrac tractors, landscape rakes, compaction equipment, sod cutters, rototillers, blowers, hedge trimmers, and pruning equipment
- Complete and submit all daily paperwork tracking job time, materials, and job notes
- Communicate with clients in a polite and courteous manner
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
A construction foreman must meet these requirements:
- At least 3 years' experience in the landscape industry, preferably in a landscape construction environment
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver's license
- Ability to speak and communicate in English (both verbally and in writing)
- Display strong communication skills with crew, clients, and other Paragon staff members
- Display reasonable level of basic plant identification and horticultural knowledge
- Ability to deliver quality results under tight deadlines
- Display working knowledge of equipment operation, including but not limited to compact utility loaders, skid steers, mini excavators, telescoping forklifts, Ventrac tractors, landscape rakes, compaction equipment, sod cutters, rototillers, blowers, hedge trimmers, and pruning equipment
- Display accountability for work being performed and completed on schedule
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others and delegate tasks
- Display a commitment to safety and practicing safe work behaviors
- Display a safe driving history
The working conditions for this position require the following abilities:
- Ability to lift 100 lbs on occasion
- Ability to transport up to 50 lbs. of plant material around the job site on a regular basis
- Requires lifting, bending, walking, carrying, and pushing equipment on a continual basis
- Requires working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Must be able to handle a loud noise level when operating certain equipment, such as a lawnmower or backpack blower
How You Can Apply for this Position
To apply, do one of the following two things:
- Fill out our online application.
- Apply within Monday-Friday from 8am-5:00pm at Suite 1, 2549 Industry Lane, Norristown, PA 19403
Applicants will only be considered if they fill out the online application or apply within.
Meet the Owner of Paragon Landscaping Corp.
In 1997, Keith Hallman founded Paragon Landscaping Corporation in the Philadelphia area. His passion for crafting fine landscapes continues to inspire the entire team at Paragon. Over time, Keith has gathered together a team of exceptional employees, and Paragon is now a leading full-service landscape contracting company serving Villanova, PA and the Main Line of Philadelphia. Thanks to his long-term relationships with excellent landscape architects, designers, and builders, Paragon is able to meet and exceed even the most discerning client expectations.
"Paragon was phenomenal to work with. They were very respectful of our time, their crews were clean, quick and did a beautiful job. Paragon's landscape maintenance services are the best on the Main Line."